NORTH HIGHLANDS (CBS13) — Firefighters responded to fires at two North Highlands apartment complexes early Thursday afternoon.

Both fires were dispatched almost at the same time.

One fire was along the 7400 block of Watt Avenue, while the other was about three miles away along Bellinger Court. Firefighters from the Sacramento Metro Fire Department worked quickly and both are now under control.

The fire at the Watt Avenue complex affected four units, firefighters say, while only one unit was affected at the Bellinger Court building.

No injuries were reported.

Metro Fire says the Watt Avenue fire was caused by an overheating lithium-ion bicycle battery that was placed in a freezer. Firefighters recommend putting overheating batteries should be unplugged, and put outside, far from other combustibles.

The cause of the Bellinger Court fire is still under investigation.

Comments

Leave a Reply