By Kurtis Ming

ELK GROVE (CBS13) —  An Elk Grove dad isn’t getting his mail after his son moved out and filed a change of address.

“I would like my mail to start coming back to me and get it straightened out,” said Jon Rhoades.

READ MORE: Search On For Suspects Who Broke Into Del Oro High’s Gym, Caused $31K In Damage

Bills, packages, important documents, all forwarded to North Carolina. Rhoades said getting his mail sent out of state is more than an inconvenience.

READ MORE: Stimulus Check Update: Are You Eligible For A Plus-Up Payment?

“I don’t want anybody else getting my personal information,” Rhoades said.

We contacted the postal service and they immediately rerouted Rhoades mail back to his correct address, but what happened?

MORE NEWS: Placer County Deputy Investigating Mail Theft Finds Out He Himself Was A Victim

Turns out, the postal service has two change of address forms for personal mail. One for a family, and one for an individual. The post office said Rhoades’ son accidentally filled out the family form.