The coronavirus outbreak has caused disruptions to schools, businesses and events across California.
Below is a running list of postponements, closures and cancellations (keep checking back for updates):
Concerts and Tours
- Cher: postponed, was scheduled for Oct. 14 at the Golden 1 Center
- JoJo Siwa: postponed, was scheduled for March 22 at the Golden 1 Center
- V101 Heart of Hip-Hop: postponed, was scheduled for March 28 at the Golden 1 Center
- Celine Dion: postponed, was scheduled for April 7 at the Golden 1 Center
- Broadway On Tour’s Bandstand: Cancelled April 7-12 tour run at Memorial Auditorium
- Michelle Obama: postponed, was scheduled April 1 at the Golden 1 Center
- Thom Yorke: Postponed, was scheduled for April 16 at Memorial Auditorium
Community Attractions and Events
- Cal Expo: Boat & RV Show is canceled. All larger events have been postponed through the end of March.
- California State Parks: All campgrounds in the state park system will be temporarily closed. Trails and beaches remain open.
- Cache Creek Casino: Closing March 17
- Catholic Diocese of Sacramento. Parish churches will remain open for prayer. Read more
- Festa Italiana scheduled for Jun 14 at the Lodi Grape Festival has been canceled due to social distancing restrictions.
- Galt: all public buildings closed as of March 17.
- Gilroy Garlic Festival postponed until July 23-25, 2021.
- Hearst Castle Tours: Suspended indefinitely effective March 16.
- Harrah’s Northern California: Temporarily closed beginning March 18.
- Cherry Blossom Festival postponed. Davis Farmers Market will remain open but samples will not be available from vendors through at least the end of March.
- Picnic in the Park postponed until May 13.
- Picnic Day, which was scheduled for April 18, has been canceled.
- Modesto: Modesto Farmers Market postponed its opening day to April 2
- Murphys: Irish Days canceled
- St. Patricks’ Day Parade canceled.
- Shamrock’n Half Marathon postponed to the fall.
- Sac-Con postponed to June 7.
- Sacramento Beer Week has been postponed.
- Sacramento Zoo will be closed through the end of March
- 19th Annual Latina Business Conference postponed.
- H2O Hackathon postponed.
- Toyota/Save Mart 350 NASCAR Cup Series at Sonoma Raceway scheduled for June 12-14 has been canceled.
- Queen Nation concert postponed.
- Taps on Tenth postponed.
- Donut Dash postponed. For more click here.
Woodland: 4th of July fireworks celebration
Yolo County: All Yolo County Library branches will be closed March 16th – April 5th.
Yosemite: The national park is closed until further notice.
Yuba City: All recreation programs will be suspended effective March 16-April 13.
- Bear Valley: closed March 16-19
- Boreal: closed March 15-22
- Heavenly: closed for the season
- Homewood: closed starting March 16
- Kirkwood: closed for the season
- Mt. Rose: closed for the season as of March 15
- Northstar: closed for the season
- Sierra-at-Tahoe: suspending operations for 72 starting March 15
- Soda Springs: closed March 15-22
- Sugar Bowl: suspending operations indefinitely starting March 15
- Squaw Alpine: suspending operations indefinitely starting March 15
- Tahoe Donner: closed through March 31
- NBA: season suspended as of March 11
- NCAA Tournament: canceled
- National Hockey League: season suspended indefinitely as of March 12
- Major League Baseball: spring training canceled as of March 12 and season delayed by at least 2 weeks
- Major League Soccer and United Soccer League: operations shut for 30 days
- CIF State Basketball Championship: canceled
- All Sacramento State spring sports have been canceled through the end of the academic year.
Theme Parks, Museums, Zoos, Malls
- Arden Fair Mall is closed until further notice.
- Disneyland, California Adventure: closing starting March 14 through the end of the month
- Micke Grove Zoo in Lodi to temporarily close through March 31.
- Raging waters says their first day, which was supposed to be May 9, will be delayed.
- Roseville Galleria will close the temporarily close the majority of its operations. Some retailers may still be open so that “essential” retail remains in operation for customers.
- Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: closing March 13 through the end of the month
- Sacramento Zoo closed through the end of March
- Sacramento Children’s Museum: temporarily closed as of March 16
- Fairytale Town: closed through March 31
- Vacaville Premium Outlets & Folsom Premium Outlets are closed as of March 19.
State Parks Closed to Vehicular Traffic
- Calaveras County: Calaveras Big Trees State Park (SP)
- El Dorado County
- Ed Z’berg Sugar Pine Point SP
- Emerald Bay SPFolsom Lake State Recreation Area (SRA)
- Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park (SHP)
- Nevada County
- Donner Memorial SP
- Empire Mine SHP
- South Yuba River
- Placer County
- Donner Memorial SP
- Folsom Lake SRA
- Kings Beach SRA
- San Joaquin County: Caswell Memorial SP