UC Davis Prevails Over Sac State In Causeway Classic
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
DAVIS, Calif. (AP) – Randy Wright threw two touchdown passes to Anthony Soto and Sean Kelley had a fourth-quarter field goal as UC Davis rallied to defeat Sacramento State 17-16 Saturday night in the rain-soaked season finale for both.
Kelley kicked a 21-yard field goal with 6:34 to play, and the Aggies (6-5) held on from there to post their 39th winning season in the past 40 years.
Jeff Fleming threw two first-quarter touchdown passes for Sacramento State (6-5) and also rushed for 88 yards. Jake Croxdale ran for a game-high 94 yards.
Kelley’s field goal was the only scoring of the second half, and the Hornets’ final two possessions ended with a punt and an interception.
Wright’s 16-yard TD pass to Soto with 11:10 left in the second quarter put UC Davis up 14-13 before the Hornets retook the lead on Chris Diniz’s field goal at the end of the first half.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)