UC Davis Prevails Over Sac State In Causeway Classic
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
DAVIS, Calif. (AP) – Randy Wright threw two touchdown passes to Anthony Soto and Sean Kelley had a fourth-quarter field goal as UC Davis rallied to defeat Sacramento State 17-16 Saturday night in the rain-soaked season finale for both.
Kelley kicked a 21-yard field goal with 6:34 to play, and the Aggies (6-5) held on from there to post their 39th winning season in the past 40 years.
Jeff Fleming threw two first-quarter touchdown passes for Sacramento State (6-5) and also rushed for 88 yards. Jake Croxdale ran for a game-high 94 yards.
Kelley’s field goal was the only scoring of the second half, and the Hornets’ final two possessions ended with a punt and an interception.
Wright’s 16-yard TD pass to Soto with 11:10 left in the second quarter put UC Davis up 14-13 before the Hornets retook the lead on Chris Diniz’s field goal at the end of the first half.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)