9,000 Residents In The Foothills Still Without Power
Don't Miss This
- Tahoe Woman Attacked By Bear May Face Feeding Charges
- Almost 100 Buildings Uninhabitable After Quake
- Dating On Duty: Officers Accused Of Screening Dates Using Police System
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
Get Breaking News First
Thousands of residents in the foothills are still in the dark this morning after a heavy snowfall knocked down power lines.
As of 4:40 a.m. Tuesday PG&E reported 9,000 customers still without electricity in Eldorado, Nevada, Placer and Sierra counties.
Following are outages by county:
- – Nevada 5,100
– Eldorado 2,200
– Placer 1,200
– Sierra 250.
In total, there are 205 separate incidents.
By noon, repair crews expect to have electricity restored to 640 more homes.
Repair crews are currently working in Nevada City on Red Dog Road west of Pasquale Road. They’re also working at Alpine Drive and Sylvan Drive in Colfax and on Gregory Drive at Sunnyside Drive in Colfax.
Initially, 18,000 customers lost power as a result of the storm.