9,000 Residents In The Foothills Still Without Power
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
Thousands of residents in the foothills are still in the dark this morning after a heavy snowfall knocked down power lines.
As of 4:40 a.m. Tuesday PG&E reported 9,000 customers still without electricity in Eldorado, Nevada, Placer and Sierra counties.
Following are outages by county:
- – Nevada 5,100
– Eldorado 2,200
– Placer 1,200
– Sierra 250.
In total, there are 205 separate incidents.
By noon, repair crews expect to have electricity restored to 640 more homes.
Repair crews are currently working in Nevada City on Red Dog Road west of Pasquale Road. They’re also working at Alpine Drive and Sylvan Drive in Colfax and on Gregory Drive at Sunnyside Drive in Colfax.
Initially, 18,000 customers lost power as a result of the storm.