9,000 Residents In The Foothills Still Without Power
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
Thousands of residents in the foothills are still in the dark this morning after a heavy snowfall knocked down power lines.
As of 4:40 a.m. Tuesday PG&E reported 9,000 customers still without electricity in Eldorado, Nevada, Placer and Sierra counties.
Following are outages by county:
- – Nevada 5,100
– Eldorado 2,200
– Placer 1,200
– Sierra 250.
In total, there are 205 separate incidents.
By noon, repair crews expect to have electricity restored to 640 more homes.
Repair crews are currently working in Nevada City on Red Dog Road west of Pasquale Road. They’re also working at Alpine Drive and Sylvan Drive in Colfax and on Gregory Drive at Sunnyside Drive in Colfax.
Initially, 18,000 customers lost power as a result of the storm.