NWS Says California Facing Heavy Weather
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
In Southern California, work continues on improving flood-control basins designed to capture debris flows from wildfire-scarred mountains above Los Angeles’ foothill suburbs.
On Wednesday, public works officials conducted a test of a huge valve on a dam in San Gabriel Canyon to ensure it can control floods from the mountain watershed above eastern Los Angeles County.