Kids Taken Along During Carjacking
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A father says he is thankful his kids weren’t hurt when a carjacker stole a vehicle while they were inside.
Police say the family minivan was parked at an El Pollo Loco on Northgate Boulevard while the father went inside to order food.
A 5-year-old boy and an 8-year-old boy were in the van when a carjacking suspect jumped into the van and took off. Police said the vehicle was an easy target.
“Apparently, the vehicle may have had some damage from a prior theft,” said Sacramento Police Officer Konrad Von Schoech.
The suspect drove the car up Northgate Boulevard to Interstate 80 and went to Norwood Avenue. During the drive, the suspect talked to the two boys and told them everything would be okay, police said.
The car was found in an AM/PM parking lot with the kids still inside.
“I can only speculate from his actions, but it seems like he may have needed a ride to get from Point A to Point B,” Schoech said.
The kids were not injured. The father says leaving his kids alone in the car was the worst mistake of his life.
The suspect has not been arrested.