Kids Taken Along During Carjacking
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A father says he is thankful his kids weren’t hurt when a carjacker stole a vehicle while they were inside.
Police say the family minivan was parked at an El Pollo Loco on Northgate Boulevard while the father went inside to order food.
A 5-year-old boy and an 8-year-old boy were in the van when a carjacking suspect jumped into the van and took off. Police said the vehicle was an easy target.
“Apparently, the vehicle may have had some damage from a prior theft,” said Sacramento Police Officer Konrad Von Schoech.
The suspect drove the car up Northgate Boulevard to Interstate 80 and went to Norwood Avenue. During the drive, the suspect talked to the two boys and told them everything would be okay, police said.
The car was found in an AM/PM parking lot with the kids still inside.
“I can only speculate from his actions, but it seems like he may have needed a ride to get from Point A to Point B,” Schoech said.
The kids were not injured. The father says leaving his kids alone in the car was the worst mistake of his life.
The suspect has not been arrested.