Dog Owner Using Garage Sale To Pay For Cancer Surgery
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
MANTECA, Calif. (CBS13) — A pet owner is trying to raise money for life-saving cancer surgery for her dog by holding a garage sale.
Denise Brosio says her five-year-old black Labrador, Rocko, has three tumors, including one in his chest that could be cancerous.
“He loves people, loves to play but he can’t maneuver himself until he has surgery,” she said.
The operation to remove Rocko’s tumors will cost up to $750 — money Brosio says she doesn’t have.
She is trying to raise the money for Rocko’s surgery by holding a garage sale.
“It’s not guaranteed but I’m trying not to put him to sleep,” she said.
Denise tried to have a garage sale before, but rainy weather kept people away. She is hoping the weather will cooperate this time and let her raise the money for Rocko’s surgery.
“He’s such a good guy, you just don’t find a dog like this and I can’t elaborate enough how much I want him to live,” Denise said.
For more information on the garage sale, call Denise at (209) 665-4420.