School Bus Driver Arrested For DUI
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
TURLOCK, Calif. (CBS13) — A school bus driver was arrested for driving drunk on the way to take children to school, according to authorities.
Officers pulled over a Turlock Unified School District bus Saturday night after receiving 911 calls from drivers that reported erratic driving.
The California Highway Patrol confirmed that 39-year-old Lorna Gollihar’s blood alcohol content was over the legal limit and arrested her for driving under the influence.
Turlock High School students said Gollihar safely drove them to a weekend speech and debate tournament in Stockton and didn’t seem impaired or drunk.
“She seemed fine,” said Alexander Wolsky.
When the students prepared to leave the event, their teacher received word from the CHP that Gollihar had been arrested.
“The speech teacher gathered us all around and said, ‘Hey guys, settle down, I got something to tell you,’” Wolsky said. “Our bus driver just got pulled over for a DUI.”
The Turlock Unified School District issued a statement to CBS13 on the incident.
“The District is currently investigating the situation. Seeing as how this is a personnel issue, we are not commenting on the employee involved. It should be noted that there were no students involved,” the statement read.
District officials did not comment on whether Gollihar is still driving.