Chase Suspects Throw Nails At Pursuing Police Officers
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY – Three people are behind bars following a high speed chase through Sacramento County overnight.
The chase started around 1:30 a.m. along Highway 99 in Sacramento when a police officer noticed a red car that had recently been reported stolen.
The officer got behind the driver and the car took off reaching speeds up to 100 miles an hour.
At one point, the suspect left the freeway in Carmichael, hit a curb and blew a tire.
“During the chase, the suspects were throwing spools of construction nails out of the car in the intent of slowing the pursuing police vehicles,” said Sacramento Police Lt. Hendrickson.
Two of the three suspects tried to run off when the car crashed at Hackberry and Palm but were tracked down.
One suspect was bit by a K-9 officer and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
No word on what charges the three will face.