Chase Suspects Throw Nails At Pursuing Police Officers
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY – Three people are behind bars following a high speed chase through Sacramento County overnight.
The chase started around 1:30 a.m. along Highway 99 in Sacramento when a police officer noticed a red car that had recently been reported stolen.
The officer got behind the driver and the car took off reaching speeds up to 100 miles an hour.
At one point, the suspect left the freeway in Carmichael, hit a curb and blew a tire.
“During the chase, the suspects were throwing spools of construction nails out of the car in the intent of slowing the pursuing police vehicles,” said Sacramento Police Lt. Hendrickson.
Two of the three suspects tried to run off when the car crashed at Hackberry and Palm but were tracked down.
One suspect was bit by a K-9 officer and was taken to the hospital for treatment.
No word on what charges the three will face.