Sierra Snowpack Remains Deep Despite Dry January
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
Water content ranged from 108 percent of normal in the northern Sierra to 176 percent of normal in the southern Sierra, even though January snowfall was just 13 percent of average.
Sierra runoff provides about one-third of the water for California’s homes, businesses and farms.
The department projects it will deliver 60 percent of the water requested by its contractors, who serve 25 million Californians and nearly 1 million acres of agricultural land.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)