Massive Search For Shooting Suspect In Ceres
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
STANISLAUS COUNTY (CBS13) – SWAT officers are going through backyards and a helicopter is searching from the air for a suspect who fired two shots at a Ceres police officer this morning.
Police have identified the suspect as Jorge Mendoza, 25, of Waterford. They are currently searching in the area of Mitchell Road and Service Road in Ceres.
Police say a lone officer pulled into an AM/PM parking lot and attempted to detain four people in a red pick up truck; 2 women and 2 men.
At some point, one of the men began struggling with the officer eventually pulling out a gun and firing two shots. The officer was not hit but one bullet did hit the officer’s patrol car.
The suspect then got free and ran from the parking lot.
There are now dozens of law enforcement officers in the area searching for the man who they consider armed and dangerous.
The other three people in the truck have been detained.
Mendoza has an extensive criminal history that includes a conviction in 2007 for assault with a firearm.