El Dorado Hills Standoff Suspect Surrenders
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
EL DORADO HILLS (CBS13) – The man at the center of a standoff in El Dorado Hills has surrendered.
El Dorado County Sheriff’s deputies were called to the home on Edgehill Drive and Hearst Drive after they received calls that a man with a knife was making threats.
Authorities said that during the course of their negotiations the suspect came out of the home with the knife and even threatened to attack deputies.
SWAT members were called out to the home along with two K-9 officers.
Nearby residents had been urged to stay inside.
At 7:40 a.m., the man came out of the home carrying a phone. He put the phone down, held his hands above his head, and laid face down in the road. Nearby officers cuffed the man and took him into custody.
The man, who appeared to be a black male in is late teens to early 20s, was distraught and is being treated at a nearby hospital.
Neighbors say the man does not live at the home, but was reportedly visiting his girlfriend who apparently lives there.