Former Bell City Manager Being Treated For Chest Pains, Hearing Postponed
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Former Bell City Manager Robert Rizzo was taken away from the criminal courthouse in downtown Los Angeles on a stretcher Wednesday afternoon.
Rizzo complained of chess pains during his preliminary hearing’s lunch break. He was later treated in an ambulance by paramedics then taken to a local hospital.
Prosecutors say Rizzo masterminded a scheme to gain more than $5.5 million from Bell and falsified documents to hide his enormous pay. He has pleaded not guilty.
The preliminary hearing will resume on Monday morning.