Former Bell City Manager Being Treated For Chest Pains, Hearing Postponed
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Former Bell City Manager Robert Rizzo was taken away from the criminal courthouse in downtown Los Angeles on a stretcher Wednesday afternoon.
Rizzo complained of chess pains during his preliminary hearing’s lunch break. He was later treated in an ambulance by paramedics then taken to a local hospital.
Prosecutors say Rizzo masterminded a scheme to gain more than $5.5 million from Bell and falsified documents to hide his enormous pay. He has pleaded not guilty.
The preliminary hearing will resume on Monday morning.