Former Bell City Manager Being Treated For Chest Pains, Hearing Postponed
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (CBS) — Former Bell City Manager Robert Rizzo was taken away from the criminal courthouse in downtown Los Angeles on a stretcher Wednesday afternoon.
Rizzo complained of chess pains during his preliminary hearing’s lunch break. He was later treated in an ambulance by paramedics then taken to a local hospital.
Prosecutors say Rizzo masterminded a scheme to gain more than $5.5 million from Bell and falsified documents to hide his enormous pay. He has pleaded not guilty.
The preliminary hearing will resume on Monday morning.