Teen Arrested For DUI On Golf Cart
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE, Calif. (CBS13) – A teen allegedly took a spin alongside a busy road in a golf cart, but when police stopped her, they arrested her for driving under the influence.
Officers spotted the 19-year-old suspect driving on the sidewalk near northbound Franklin Road near Elk Grove Boulevard and noticed “objective signs” of intoxication, according to Elk Grove Police Public Information Officer Chris Trim.
Officers stopped her and arrested her with misdemeanor DUI and being intoxicated while under 21 years of age.
“Even though it is a golf cart, it is a vehicle,” Trim said, noting that it was illegal to drive the cart anywhere but a golf course since it doesn’t have lights or turn signals.
The incident took place at night, authorities said, and posed a danger to any pedestrians who may have been on the sidewalk.
“Someone could have been pontooned; that could mean very serious injuries,” Trim said.
It isn’t clear where the teen obtained the golf cart, but police said she was driving near a golf course when she was arrested.