Teen Arrested For DUI On Golf Cart
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE, Calif. (CBS13) – A teen allegedly took a spin alongside a busy road in a golf cart, but when police stopped her, they arrested her for driving under the influence.
Officers spotted the 19-year-old suspect driving on the sidewalk near northbound Franklin Road near Elk Grove Boulevard and noticed “objective signs” of intoxication, according to Elk Grove Police Public Information Officer Chris Trim.
Officers stopped her and arrested her with misdemeanor DUI and being intoxicated while under 21 years of age.
“Even though it is a golf cart, it is a vehicle,” Trim said, noting that it was illegal to drive the cart anywhere but a golf course since it doesn’t have lights or turn signals.
The incident took place at night, authorities said, and posed a danger to any pedestrians who may have been on the sidewalk.
“Someone could have been pontooned; that could mean very serious injuries,” Trim said.
It isn’t clear where the teen obtained the golf cart, but police said she was driving near a golf course when she was arrested.