Teen Arrested For DUI On Golf Cart
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE, Calif. (CBS13) – A teen allegedly took a spin alongside a busy road in a golf cart, but when police stopped her, they arrested her for driving under the influence.
Officers spotted the 19-year-old suspect driving on the sidewalk near northbound Franklin Road near Elk Grove Boulevard and noticed “objective signs” of intoxication, according to Elk Grove Police Public Information Officer Chris Trim.
Officers stopped her and arrested her with misdemeanor DUI and being intoxicated while under 21 years of age.
“Even though it is a golf cart, it is a vehicle,” Trim said, noting that it was illegal to drive the cart anywhere but a golf course since it doesn’t have lights or turn signals.
The incident took place at night, authorities said, and posed a danger to any pedestrians who may have been on the sidewalk.
“Someone could have been pontooned; that could mean very serious injuries,” Trim said.
It isn’t clear where the teen obtained the golf cart, but police said she was driving near a golf course when she was arrested.