Teen Arrested For DUI On Golf Cart
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
ELK GROVE, Calif. (CBS13) – A teen allegedly took a spin alongside a busy road in a golf cart, but when police stopped her, they arrested her for driving under the influence.
Officers spotted the 19-year-old suspect driving on the sidewalk near northbound Franklin Road near Elk Grove Boulevard and noticed “objective signs” of intoxication, according to Elk Grove Police Public Information Officer Chris Trim.
Officers stopped her and arrested her with misdemeanor DUI and being intoxicated while under 21 years of age.
“Even though it is a golf cart, it is a vehicle,” Trim said, noting that it was illegal to drive the cart anywhere but a golf course since it doesn’t have lights or turn signals.
The incident took place at night, authorities said, and posed a danger to any pedestrians who may have been on the sidewalk.
“Someone could have been pontooned; that could mean very serious injuries,” Trim said.
It isn’t clear where the teen obtained the golf cart, but police said she was driving near a golf course when she was arrested.