Multi-Vehicle Accident Shuts Down Westbound I-80 In Sierra
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
CHP Sgt. Curtis Fouyer says one big rig rolled over two or three vehicles about 1:30 p.m. Friday near Yuba Gap, 70 miles east of Sacramento. A man who appears to be in his 60s died. Fouyer didn’t know if he was in one of the crushed vehicles.
Other motorists called police to report they were trapped but uninjured. The crash occurred just after officials required tire chains on the interstate.
Spinouts also forced the closure of eastbound I-80, the main corridor between Northern California and Nevada.
Officials hope to reopen the interstate Friday night.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)