Multi-Vehicle Accident Shuts Down Westbound I-80 In Sierra
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
CHP Sgt. Curtis Fouyer says one big rig rolled over two or three vehicles about 1:30 p.m. Friday near Yuba Gap, 70 miles east of Sacramento. A man who appears to be in his 60s died. Fouyer didn’t know if he was in one of the crushed vehicles.
Other motorists called police to report they were trapped but uninjured. The crash occurred just after officials required tire chains on the interstate.
Spinouts also forced the closure of eastbound I-80, the main corridor between Northern California and Nevada.
Officials hope to reopen the interstate Friday night.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)