Multi-Vehicle Accident Shuts Down Westbound I-80 In Sierra
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
CHP Sgt. Curtis Fouyer says one big rig rolled over two or three vehicles about 1:30 p.m. Friday near Yuba Gap, 70 miles east of Sacramento. A man who appears to be in his 60s died. Fouyer didn’t know if he was in one of the crushed vehicles.
Other motorists called police to report they were trapped but uninjured. The crash occurred just after officials required tire chains on the interstate.
Spinouts also forced the closure of eastbound I-80, the main corridor between Northern California and Nevada.
Officials hope to reopen the interstate Friday night.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)