Multi-Vehicle Accident Shuts Down Westbound I-80 In Sierra
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
CHP Sgt. Curtis Fouyer says one big rig rolled over two or three vehicles about 1:30 p.m. Friday near Yuba Gap, 70 miles east of Sacramento. A man who appears to be in his 60s died. Fouyer didn’t know if he was in one of the crushed vehicles.
Other motorists called police to report they were trapped but uninjured. The crash occurred just after officials required tire chains on the interstate.
Spinouts also forced the closure of eastbound I-80, the main corridor between Northern California and Nevada.
Officials hope to reopen the interstate Friday night.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)