Neighbors Stunned After Mom Arrested For YouTube Fight Video
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
CERES, Calif. (CBS13) – Residents said they were shocked to see an online video of a fight between two teens that took place in their neighborhood, allegedly after a mother convinced the two boys to fight in her front yard.
The Ceres Police Department arrested 33-year-old Jennifer Zuniga, the mother of one of the boys, after a YouTube video apparently showed her egging the teens on and screaming obscenities as the fight progressed.
Authorities said Wednesday that Zuniga confronted the other 14-year-old boy after he and her son had a verbal argument at school.
“She was able to convince this young man to follow them so they can, quote, ‘handle it,’” said Sgt. Jose Berber, “which means, duke it out.”
Zuniga and a number of bystanders cheered the teens on as they brawled for several minutes. The fight ended when a Good Samaritan stepped between the boys, which likely prevented serious injuries, police said.
A tipster told investigators about the YouTube video, titled “Homie vs. Rito,” and detectives quickly identified the participants and arrested Zuniga.
“It scares me to know that was happening on my front lawn,” said Chris Brewer, who lives next door.
Zuniga bailed out of jail on charges of misdemeanor child endangerment and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. Nobody answered the door at her home Wednesday.
The teens aren’t facing any charges in the incident.