Riverbank Suspect Could Be Headed Fo Mexico
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
RIVERBANK (CBS13) — A suspect who allegedly kidnapped his ex-girlfriend on Sunday could be headed to Mexico.
Sheriff’s deputies were called out to the area of Crawford Road and Roselle Avenue in Riverbank after a woman, who was driving her vehicle, was forced off the road by her ex-boyfriend, Carloz Alberto Lizagarra, according to the Stanislaus County Sherrif’s Department. He grabbed the victim from her vehicle, forced her into his truck and drove off.
Deputies searched several areas where they thought Lizagarra could have taken her, but were unsuccessful.
At 4:30 a.m. today, the victim’s family called deputies with news that the victim had escaped from Lizagarra and was safe at a relative’s home.
Investigators later received the tip that Lizagarra was a hotel in Antesia, Calif. When Lakewood County Sheriff’s deputies arrived, they found that he had already fled, leaving behind his truck. They think he may have been attempting to get to Mexico. He is wanted for kidnapping.