Riverbank Suspect Could Be Headed Fo Mexico
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RIVERBANK (CBS13) — A suspect who allegedly kidnapped his ex-girlfriend on Sunday could be headed to Mexico.
Sheriff’s deputies were called out to the area of Crawford Road and Roselle Avenue in Riverbank after a woman, who was driving her vehicle, was forced off the road by her ex-boyfriend, Carloz Alberto Lizagarra, according to the Stanislaus County Sherrif’s Department. He grabbed the victim from her vehicle, forced her into his truck and drove off.
Deputies searched several areas where they thought Lizagarra could have taken her, but were unsuccessful.
At 4:30 a.m. today, the victim’s family called deputies with news that the victim had escaped from Lizagarra and was safe at a relative’s home.
Investigators later received the tip that Lizagarra was a hotel in Antesia, Calif. When Lakewood County Sheriff’s deputies arrived, they found that he had already fled, leaving behind his truck. They think he may have been attempting to get to Mexico. He is wanted for kidnapping.