Riverbank Suspect Could Be Headed Fo Mexico
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
RIVERBANK (CBS13) — A suspect who allegedly kidnapped his ex-girlfriend on Sunday could be headed to Mexico.
Sheriff’s deputies were called out to the area of Crawford Road and Roselle Avenue in Riverbank after a woman, who was driving her vehicle, was forced off the road by her ex-boyfriend, Carloz Alberto Lizagarra, according to the Stanislaus County Sherrif’s Department. He grabbed the victim from her vehicle, forced her into his truck and drove off.
Deputies searched several areas where they thought Lizagarra could have taken her, but were unsuccessful.
At 4:30 a.m. today, the victim’s family called deputies with news that the victim had escaped from Lizagarra and was safe at a relative’s home.
Investigators later received the tip that Lizagarra was a hotel in Antesia, Calif. When Lakewood County Sheriff’s deputies arrived, they found that he had already fled, leaving behind his truck. They think he may have been attempting to get to Mexico. He is wanted for kidnapping.