Former Real Estate Mogul Headed To Jail
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Real estate mogul Michael Lyon is going to jail instead of serving his sentence in home detention after he plead guilty last month to four charges of secretly taping sexual encounters with women without their consent.
Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones made the announcement today saying Lyon must now report to the Rio Cosumnes Correctional Center next month to start his sentence.
District Attorney Jan Scully announced that Lyon pleaded guilty to the charges in exchange for a suspended state prison sentence of two years plus probation under a number of conditions. He was also sentenced to one year in county jail or home detention to be decided the Sheriff.
The 55-year-old former CEO of Lyon Real Estate was arrested in November 2010 on four counts surreptitiously taping confidential communications. The original complaint detailed charges relating to three incidents in 2008 and 2009, but March’s plea deal added a fourth charge for an incident that took place on September 13, 2010.
CBS13 first detailed the allegations against Lyon in late August 2010.
Sacramento County authorities began investigating Lyon in late August. In September, Lyon resigned as CEO of his real estate company.
Surveillance video obtained by CBS13 shows a man, who is said to be Lyon, lying on a bed smiling while a naked woman, who sources say is a prostitute, is standing in front of him.