Mom Says Horror Movie Led Toddler To Stab Father
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
RANCHO CORDOVA, Calif. (CBS13) – A mother accused of domestic violence and child endangerment denied accusations that she told her daughter to stab her husband and claimed she was the victim of domestic violence.
Krista Wagner, 31, was arrested last week after her husband suffered stab wounds and told police he was assaulted at their Rancho Cordova home during an argument.
In an interview from the Sacramento County Jail, the mother of three said she never attacked him and didn’t tell her 4-year-old daughter to stab him with a butter knife.
“He told the cops that I slapped him three to four times in the face,” Wagner said, adding that he struck her during the altercation.
The toddler did stab her husband, but Wagner said she believes her daughter was just trying to protect her and got the idea from “Child’s Play,” a horror movie released in 1988 about a killer doll come to life.
“I think it’s from watching Chucky,” Wagner said. “He lets her watch these kinds of movies and I [told] him before she can’t watch that kind of stuff because she acts really evil.”
All three of Wagner’s children, including her 19-day-old baby boy, are in custody of Child Protective Services.
Wagner is being held on $50,000 bond.