Kings And Mayor Meet With Kings Sponsors
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Kings owner Gavin Maloof worked the phones at Power Balance Arena this afternoon taking orders for Sacramento Kings season tickets.
Maloof has had a busy day. Earlier he and Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson met with Kings sponsors trying to rebuild a relationship that was frayed over the past weeks as the Maloofs attempted to move the team.
The meeting was held at the Sheraton Hotel in Sacramento. It is the latest move as the NBA attempts a makeover of the Kings. The league has several representatives in the city helping the Kings owners repair their images and increase sales.
It seems fans are forgiving. The Kings are hiring part-time sales agents after being swamped under the demand for season tickets following the tense relocation drama of the past few months.
Sales representatives are having difficulties keeping up with the pace of phone calls, selling 30 times more tickets compared to last year, according to vice president Phil Horn.