Two Teens Discover Woman’s Body While Fishing In Local Lake
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MARYSVILLE (CBS13) — Two Marysville teens made a grisly discovery while fishing at Ellis Lake Wednesday night; they reeled in a woman’s body.
Police have identified the victim as 35-year-old Kimberly Merritt. She is a mother two boys and a former mini-stock car racer who is well known at the Marysville raceway. Emergency responders spent 15 minutes trying to resuscitate her.
Police say it is unclear if her death was a crime or an accident, but they are calling the death suspicious.
Merritt’s boyfriend of four years tells CBS13 that she was a devoted mother and would never have hurt herself.
“There wasn’t anything wrong. When I left for work she was happy,” said Meritt’s boyfriend Larry Lambert Junior. “I told her I love her and that was the last time I saw her.”
Marysville police have not commented on the investigation.