Two Teens Discover Woman’s Body While Fishing In Local Lake
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
MARYSVILLE (CBS13) — Two Marysville teens made a grisly discovery while fishing at Ellis Lake Wednesday night; they reeled in a woman’s body.
Police have identified the victim as 35-year-old Kimberly Merritt. She is a mother two boys and a former mini-stock car racer who is well known at the Marysville raceway. Emergency responders spent 15 minutes trying to resuscitate her.
Police say it is unclear if her death was a crime or an accident, but they are calling the death suspicious.
Merritt’s boyfriend of four years tells CBS13 that she was a devoted mother and would never have hurt herself.
“There wasn’t anything wrong. When I left for work she was happy,” said Meritt’s boyfriend Larry Lambert Junior. “I told her I love her and that was the last time I saw her.”
Marysville police have not commented on the investigation.