Two Teens Discover Woman’s Body While Fishing In Local Lake
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
MARYSVILLE (CBS13) — Two Marysville teens made a grisly discovery while fishing at Ellis Lake Wednesday night; they reeled in a woman’s body.
Police have identified the victim as 35-year-old Kimberly Merritt. She is a mother two boys and a former mini-stock car racer who is well known at the Marysville raceway. Emergency responders spent 15 minutes trying to resuscitate her.
Police say it is unclear if her death was a crime or an accident, but they are calling the death suspicious.
Merritt’s boyfriend of four years tells CBS13 that she was a devoted mother and would never have hurt herself.
“There wasn’t anything wrong. When I left for work she was happy,” said Meritt’s boyfriend Larry Lambert Junior. “I told her I love her and that was the last time I saw her.”
Marysville police have not commented on the investigation.