Yosemite’s Glacier Point Road Set To Open On Friday
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. (AP) — One of Yosemite National Park’s popular roadways will open in time for Memorial Day weekend, but another scenic road will remain closed.
Park officials say Glacier Point Road will open for the season at noon Friday. But because of the possibility of spring snow storms, the roadway could still be closed temporarily and without notice.
Park officials say there will be limited visitor services available at Glacier Point, but there is no projected opening date for the Bridalveil Creek Campground.
Tioga Road, which leads into the eastern entrance of Yosemite, remains closed because of snow and the threat of avalanches. Park officials can’t say when that road will open for the summer.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)