Yosemite’s Glacier Point Road Set To Open On Friday
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. (AP) — One of Yosemite National Park’s popular roadways will open in time for Memorial Day weekend, but another scenic road will remain closed.
Park officials say Glacier Point Road will open for the season at noon Friday. But because of the possibility of spring snow storms, the roadway could still be closed temporarily and without notice.
Park officials say there will be limited visitor services available at Glacier Point, but there is no projected opening date for the Bridalveil Creek Campground.
Tioga Road, which leads into the eastern entrance of Yosemite, remains closed because of snow and the threat of avalanches. Park officials can’t say when that road will open for the summer.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)