Palm Trees Catch Fire In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS) — Two groves of palm trees caught fire this morning.
One grove is located at a residential area at 11th and X Streets in Sacramento. Crews responded to that fire around 4 a.m. and found four trees on fire. They were able to quickly put them out. No homes were threatened.
The second fire was a Pradera Mesa in South Sacramento around 4:30.
“It’s not too often that they just kind of burst into flames in the middle of the night by themselves,” said Sacramento Metro Battalion Chief John Williams.
Both of the fires are believed to be intentionally set.