Palm Trees Catch Fire In Sacramento
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS) — Two groves of palm trees caught fire this morning.
One grove is located at a residential area at 11th and X Streets in Sacramento. Crews responded to that fire around 4 a.m. and found four trees on fire. They were able to quickly put them out. No homes were threatened.
The second fire was a Pradera Mesa in South Sacramento around 4:30.
“It’s not too often that they just kind of burst into flames in the middle of the night by themselves,” said Sacramento Metro Battalion Chief John Williams.
Both of the fires are believed to be intentionally set.