Sacramento District Attorney’s Office To Cut 31 Lawyers
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento District Attorney announced she’s cutting lawyers from her office.
District Attorney Jan Scully says she’s been forced to cut 64 positions to help cut her office’s nearly $7 million deficit.
Of those jobs lost, 31 of them attorneys as well as several other key support staff.
“Some criminals will not be prosecuted for committing crimes not because they are not guilty, but because prosecution of criminals is not a county priority,” said D.A. Jan Scully.
Scully says prosecutors will now focus more on violent crimes.