Sacramento District Attorney’s Office To Cut 31 Lawyers
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento District Attorney announced she’s cutting lawyers from her office.
District Attorney Jan Scully says she’s been forced to cut 64 positions to help cut her office’s nearly $7 million deficit.
Of those jobs lost, 31 of them attorneys as well as several other key support staff.
“Some criminals will not be prosecuted for committing crimes not because they are not guilty, but because prosecution of criminals is not a county priority,” said D.A. Jan Scully.
Scully says prosecutors will now focus more on violent crimes.