Sacramento District Attorney’s Office To Cut 31 Lawyers
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento District Attorney announced she’s cutting lawyers from her office.
District Attorney Jan Scully says she’s been forced to cut 64 positions to help cut her office’s nearly $7 million deficit.
Of those jobs lost, 31 of them attorneys as well as several other key support staff.
“Some criminals will not be prosecuted for committing crimes not because they are not guilty, but because prosecution of criminals is not a county priority,” said D.A. Jan Scully.
Scully says prosecutors will now focus more on violent crimes.