Sacramento District Attorney’s Office To Cut 31 Lawyers
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The Sacramento District Attorney announced she’s cutting lawyers from her office.
District Attorney Jan Scully says she’s been forced to cut 64 positions to help cut her office’s nearly $7 million deficit.
Of those jobs lost, 31 of them attorneys as well as several other key support staff.
“Some criminals will not be prosecuted for committing crimes not because they are not guilty, but because prosecution of criminals is not a county priority,” said D.A. Jan Scully.
Scully says prosecutors will now focus more on violent crimes.