Yuba County Man Arrested After Human Remains Found Buried On Property
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
YUBA COUNTY (CBS13) – Yuba County detectives are digging up human remains discovered buried on property in the town of Rackerby and have arrested a man who lived at the home.
Deputies arrested Steven Knoefler Sr. Monday evening. Deputies began investigating Knoelfer after getting a tip that a body was buried on his property on the 15000 block of Vierra Road in Rackerby.
After a series of interviews, deputies searched Knoelfer’s property and found skeletal remains. Deputies believe the crime happened several years ago, and that the remains have been buried for quite awhile.
The person who tipped off investigators likely held the secret for years. A few days ago that person led authorities to the home.
Knoefler has a history of domestic violence against his girlfriend. The latest report was in 2008. But investigators don’t think the body is his girlfriend.
Detectives are at the property now working to unearth the remains. The identification of the body is pending. Detectives will be at the home late into the night, slowly combing through evidence.