Yuba County Man Arrested After Human Remains Found Buried On Property
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
YUBA COUNTY (CBS13) – Yuba County detectives are digging up human remains discovered buried on property in the town of Rackerby and have arrested a man who lived at the home.
Deputies arrested Steven Knoefler Sr. Monday evening. Deputies began investigating Knoelfer after getting a tip that a body was buried on his property on the 15000 block of Vierra Road in Rackerby.
After a series of interviews, deputies searched Knoelfer’s property and found skeletal remains. Deputies believe the crime happened several years ago, and that the remains have been buried for quite awhile.
The person who tipped off investigators likely held the secret for years. A few days ago that person led authorities to the home.
Knoefler has a history of domestic violence against his girlfriend. The latest report was in 2008. But investigators don’t think the body is his girlfriend.
Detectives are at the property now working to unearth the remains. The identification of the body is pending. Detectives will be at the home late into the night, slowly combing through evidence.