Yuba County Man Arrested After Human Remains Found Buried On Property
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
YUBA COUNTY (CBS13) – Yuba County detectives are digging up human remains discovered buried on property in the town of Rackerby and have arrested a man who lived at the home.
Deputies arrested Steven Knoefler Sr. Monday evening. Deputies began investigating Knoelfer after getting a tip that a body was buried on his property on the 15000 block of Vierra Road in Rackerby.
After a series of interviews, deputies searched Knoelfer’s property and found skeletal remains. Deputies believe the crime happened several years ago, and that the remains have been buried for quite awhile.
The person who tipped off investigators likely held the secret for years. A few days ago that person led authorities to the home.
Knoefler has a history of domestic violence against his girlfriend. The latest report was in 2008. But investigators don’t think the body is his girlfriend.
Detectives are at the property now working to unearth the remains. The identification of the body is pending. Detectives will be at the home late into the night, slowly combing through evidence.