Yuba County Man Arrested After Human Remains Found Buried On Property
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
YUBA COUNTY (CBS13) – Yuba County detectives are digging up human remains discovered buried on property in the town of Rackerby and have arrested a man who lived at the home.
Deputies arrested Steven Knoefler Sr. Monday evening. Deputies began investigating Knoelfer after getting a tip that a body was buried on his property on the 15000 block of Vierra Road in Rackerby.
After a series of interviews, deputies searched Knoelfer’s property and found skeletal remains. Deputies believe the crime happened several years ago, and that the remains have been buried for quite awhile.
The person who tipped off investigators likely held the secret for years. A few days ago that person led authorities to the home.
Knoefler has a history of domestic violence against his girlfriend. The latest report was in 2008. But investigators don’t think the body is his girlfriend.
Detectives are at the property now working to unearth the remains. The identification of the body is pending. Detectives will be at the home late into the night, slowly combing through evidence.