Beale AFB Sgt. Sentenced For Sexual Misconduct
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
BEALE AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. (AP) – A staff sergeant at Beale Air Force Base has received a dishonorable discharge and been sentenced to three years confinement for sexual misconduct involving female members of the Air Force.
Military judge Lt. Col. Jeffrey Ferguson on Friday found 29-year-old Staff Sgt. Tom Barlow guilty of eight charges, including wrongful sexual contact and sexual harassment, stemming from separate incidents in Yuba County and Iraq.
One victim testified that after going to lunch with Barlow in August 2010, he drove her to a parking lot in Linda and proceeded to touch her breasts and genitalia, the Appeal-Democrat of Marysville reports.
A second woman described an incident at Camp Bucca, Iraq, in November 2007 in which Barlow pressured her to perform oral sex.
Barlow testified Thursday that the acts were consensual.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)