Firefighters Make Biggest River Rescue Of The Season
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — It was the biggest river rescue yet this season for Sacramento-area firefighters.
Nearly two dozen people had to be pulled from the banks of the American River after their rafts overturned. Several were children as young as four years old. Rafters blame the swift current that is tough for even experienced rafters.
“It was pretty scary,” said one of the rafters.
Fire crews have now rescued more than 80 people in the last week and are urging everyone to stay out of the river until water flow drops.