Firefighters Make Biggest River Rescue Of The Season
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — It was the biggest river rescue yet this season for Sacramento-area firefighters.
Nearly two dozen people had to be pulled from the banks of the American River after their rafts overturned. Several were children as young as four years old. Rafters blame the swift current that is tough for even experienced rafters.
“It was pretty scary,” said one of the rafters.
Fire crews have now rescued more than 80 people in the last week and are urging everyone to stay out of the river until water flow drops.