Firefighters Make Biggest River Rescue Of The Season
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — It was the biggest river rescue yet this season for Sacramento-area firefighters.
Nearly two dozen people had to be pulled from the banks of the American River after their rafts overturned. Several were children as young as four years old. Rafters blame the swift current that is tough for even experienced rafters.
“It was pretty scary,” said one of the rafters.
Fire crews have now rescued more than 80 people in the last week and are urging everyone to stay out of the river until water flow drops.