Firefighters Make Biggest River Rescue Of The Season
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — It was the biggest river rescue yet this season for Sacramento-area firefighters.
Nearly two dozen people had to be pulled from the banks of the American River after their rafts overturned. Several were children as young as four years old. Rafters blame the swift current that is tough for even experienced rafters.
“It was pretty scary,” said one of the rafters.
Fire crews have now rescued more than 80 people in the last week and are urging everyone to stay out of the river until water flow drops.