Schwarzenegger Son Hospitalized After Serious Surfing Accident
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The youngest son of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver is recovering in a hospital after a body-boarding accident at a Malibu beach.
A family statement issued Friday says Christopher Schwarzenegger “is a brave boy and is expected to make a full recovery.”
The statement called it “a very scary week.”
The teen suffered a collapsed lung and broken bones in the accident that took place “a few days ago.”
Two of his siblings tweeted about their 13-year-old brother: sister Katherine says “he’s a tough little guy and getting better” and brother Patrick says “keep praying.”
The statement thanked paramedics, lifeguards, doctors and hospital staff who have cared for the injured teen.
The statement was issued by the former California governor and Maria Shriver. The couple are separated and in the midst of a divorce.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)