Schwarzenegger Son Hospitalized After Serious Surfing Accident
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The youngest son of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver is recovering in a hospital after a body-boarding accident at a Malibu beach.
A family statement issued Friday says Christopher Schwarzenegger “is a brave boy and is expected to make a full recovery.”
The statement called it “a very scary week.”
The teen suffered a collapsed lung and broken bones in the accident that took place “a few days ago.”
Two of his siblings tweeted about their 13-year-old brother: sister Katherine says “he’s a tough little guy and getting better” and brother Patrick says “keep praying.”
The statement thanked paramedics, lifeguards, doctors and hospital staff who have cared for the injured teen.
The statement was issued by the former California governor and Maria Shriver. The couple are separated and in the midst of a divorce.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)