Schwarzenegger Son Hospitalized After Serious Surfing Accident
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The youngest son of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver is recovering in a hospital after a body-boarding accident at a Malibu beach.
A family statement issued Friday says Christopher Schwarzenegger “is a brave boy and is expected to make a full recovery.”
The statement called it “a very scary week.”
The teen suffered a collapsed lung and broken bones in the accident that took place “a few days ago.”
Two of his siblings tweeted about their 13-year-old brother: sister Katherine says “he’s a tough little guy and getting better” and brother Patrick says “keep praying.”
The statement thanked paramedics, lifeguards, doctors and hospital staff who have cared for the injured teen.
The statement was issued by the former California governor and Maria Shriver. The couple are separated and in the midst of a divorce.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)