California Governor Brown Relieved Of Jury Duty
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Gov. Jerry Brown is free from jury duty.
Spokesman Gil Duran says the governor called Alameda County Superior Court for an update Wednesday morning and was told his jury pool was not needed.
In 1981, during his second term as governor, Brown served as foreman of a Sacramento jury that acquitted a man of malicious mischief.
Duran says the Democratic governor was working in the San Francisco Bay area Wednesday so he could be close to the courthouse if needed.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)