California Governor Brown Relieved Of Jury Duty
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Gov. Jerry Brown is free from jury duty.
Spokesman Gil Duran says the governor called Alameda County Superior Court for an update Wednesday morning and was told his jury pool was not needed.
In 1981, during his second term as governor, Brown served as foreman of a Sacramento jury that acquitted a man of malicious mischief.
Duran says the Democratic governor was working in the San Francisco Bay area Wednesday so he could be close to the courthouse if needed.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)