California Governor Brown Relieved Of Jury Duty
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Gov. Jerry Brown is free from jury duty.
Spokesman Gil Duran says the governor called Alameda County Superior Court for an update Wednesday morning and was told his jury pool was not needed.
In 1981, during his second term as governor, Brown served as foreman of a Sacramento jury that acquitted a man of malicious mischief.
Duran says the Democratic governor was working in the San Francisco Bay area Wednesday so he could be close to the courthouse if needed.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)