California Governor Brown Relieved Of Jury Duty
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Gov. Jerry Brown is free from jury duty.
Spokesman Gil Duran says the governor called Alameda County Superior Court for an update Wednesday morning and was told his jury pool was not needed.
In 1981, during his second term as governor, Brown served as foreman of a Sacramento jury that acquitted a man of malicious mischief.
Duran says the Democratic governor was working in the San Francisco Bay area Wednesday so he could be close to the courthouse if needed.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)