Police Seek Identity Of Ring Thief
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Investigators released surveillance images of a suspected ring thief who may have robbed two jewelry stores in as many days last month.
The Sacramento Police Department said suspect — described as a black male adult, approximately 28 to 32 years old, about 6’1” and 175 pounds — used the same tactic to snatch expensive jewelry at a department store on K Street and a jewelry store in Arden Fair Mall on June 28 and June 29.
Surveillance video from Arden Fair Mall shows the suspect studiously keeping his head down when he walked into DeVons Jewelers and approached employee Tom Carson, asking to see a ring for his wife.
After spending about 15 minutes in the store, the suspect suddenly bolted, fleeing the store and sprinting out of the mall with a diamond ring.
“It’s valued over $6,000,” Carson said. “It’s very beautiful and we only made three.”
Anyone with information on the suspect is asked to contact Crime Alert by calling (916) 443-HELP or texting 274637 with SACTIP at the beginning of the message.