Modesto Police Chase Stolen U-Haul Truck Through Town
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
MODESTO, Calif. (CBS13) - The driver of a stolen U-Haul truck led police on a chase through Modesto Thursday morning before officer’s were able to disable the vehicle.
Modesto Police say they got a call about 10:30 a.m. that a U-Haul truck had been stolen from the 4100 block of McHenry Avenue. Minutes later, officers spotted the stolen truck but the driver refused to pull over and a pursuit ensued.
The truck driver got onto to southbound Highway 99 and reached speed of up to 65 mph. Officers deployed a spike strip which flattened the trucks tires. However, the driver continued to drive on tire rims for several miles.
CHP took over the pursuit and eventually arrested the driver when he stopped the truck in a restaurant parking lot near Mountain View Road south of Modesto.
The suspect’s name has not been released.