Modesto Police Chase Stolen U-Haul Truck Through Town
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MODESTO, Calif. (CBS13) – The driver of a stolen U-Haul truck led police on a chase through Modesto Thursday morning before officer’s were able to disable the vehicle.
Modesto Police say they got a call about 10:30 a.m. that a U-Haul truck had been stolen from the 4100 block of McHenry Avenue. Minutes later, officers spotted the stolen truck but the driver refused to pull over and a pursuit ensued.
The truck driver got onto to southbound Highway 99 and reached speed of up to 65 mph. Officers deployed a spike strip which flattened the trucks tires. However, the driver continued to drive on tire rims for several miles.
CHP took over the pursuit and eventually arrested the driver when he stopped the truck in a restaurant parking lot near Mountain View Road south of Modesto.
The suspect’s name has not been released.