Court Documents Describe Stow’s Brutal Attack

LOS ANGELES (AP) — One of two suspects accused of savagely beating a San Francisco Giants fan outside Dodger Stadium kicked the victim several times in the head even though he was unconscious after being punched, prosecutors alleged Monday.

Authorities for the first time provided a detailed description of the allegations against Louie Sanchez and co-defendant Marvin Norwood in a motion opposing a reduction of the $500,000 bail set for Sanchez.

The two men are charged in the beating of Bryan Stow, a paramedic who remains hospitalized with a brain injury.

Sanchez was accused of leading a violent rampage against a number of Giants fans during and after the March 31 home opener.

The trouble began inside the stadium, when Sanchez threw a soda at a woman. When her companion yelled at Sanchez, Norwood had to hold Sanchez back to stop him from attacking the man, the document states.

After the game, Sanchez ran to a group of young Giants fans and swung his fist at one of them, prosecutors said.

Then, Stow and a group of friends walked past as Sanchez stood by his sister’s car. Sanchez punched a man identified as Matthew Lee, the document states, then chased Stow and others several hundred feet before hitting another man identified as Allen Jeffrey Bradford and turning his attention to Stow.

“Stow was facing defendant Norwood when Sanchez ran up behind Stow and punched him in the side of the head,” the document states. “Stow’s friends, who are paramedics, describe that Stow immediately lost consciousness and fell sideways to the ground without breaking his fall. When Stow’s head hit the ground witnesses heard his head impact the concrete and saw it bounce.”

Sanchez then kicked the unconscious Stow several times in the head while Stow’s friends tried to shield him with their bodies, prosecutors said.

Norwood is also accused of kicking Stow then standing over his prone body and saying, “Who else wants to fight?”

Later on, when media reported the extent of his injuries, Sanchez told his son not to tell anyone what happened, prosecutors claimed.

Sanchez’s attorney, Gilbert Quinones, said he had not seen enough evidence in the case to comment.

The request to reduce bail was continued until Sanchez’s Aug. 10 arraignment.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)


More From CBS Sacramento

The Taz Show
LIVE: Monday through Friday from 6am – 6pm ET

Listen Live