9 Arrested In Elk Grove Marijuana Grow Bust
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE, Calif. (CBS13) — Police and Sheriff’s deputies raided a major marijuana growing operation spread out across several local cities on Thursday, finding thousands of marijuana plants and arresting nine suspects.
The Elk Grove Police Department said search warrants were served on the 8400 block of Modena Way in Elk Grove; the 8500 block of Aleksander Court, Brenham Court, and Loma Mar Court in Sacramento; and the 1900 block of Bidwall Bar Drive, the 1900 block of Long Horn Train Drive, and the 1700 block of Guildford Way in Plumas Lake.
More than 3,100 marijuana plants were recovered at the residences, and nine suspects were arrested and booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on charges that include cultivating marijuana and conspiracy.
The suspects have been identified as 45-year-old Dao Rong Feng, 64-year-old Mary Phung La, 24-year-old Tyson La, 38-year-old Li Guang Li, 19-year-old Dat Ngoc Mai, 20-year-old Hoang Ngoc Mai, 87-year-old Mei Huang, 37-year-old Sam Truong and 40-year-old Anh Thi Mai Vu.
The suspects are scheduled to be arraigned Monday.