9 Arrested In Elk Grove Marijuana Grow Bust
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ELK GROVE, Calif. (CBS13) — Police and Sheriff’s deputies raided a major marijuana growing operation spread out across several local cities on Thursday, finding thousands of marijuana plants and arresting nine suspects.
The Elk Grove Police Department said search warrants were served on the 8400 block of Modena Way in Elk Grove; the 8500 block of Aleksander Court, Brenham Court, and Loma Mar Court in Sacramento; and the 1900 block of Bidwall Bar Drive, the 1900 block of Long Horn Train Drive, and the 1700 block of Guildford Way in Plumas Lake.
More than 3,100 marijuana plants were recovered at the residences, and nine suspects were arrested and booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on charges that include cultivating marijuana and conspiracy.
The suspects have been identified as 45-year-old Dao Rong Feng, 64-year-old Mary Phung La, 24-year-old Tyson La, 38-year-old Li Guang Li, 19-year-old Dat Ngoc Mai, 20-year-old Hoang Ngoc Mai, 87-year-old Mei Huang, 37-year-old Sam Truong and 40-year-old Anh Thi Mai Vu.
The suspects are scheduled to be arraigned Monday.