Sacramento County Jail Bomb Scare Ends
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CBS13) – Streets have been reopened and a lockdown at the Sacramento Main Jail lifted after police determined a car that had been parked outside the jail did not contain explosives.
The bomb scare began at around 11 a.m. when a woman parked her car in front of the jail at 651 I Street. She left the car, and when she returned found a suspicious package inside. She then alerted jail officials.
The jail was put on lockdown and streets in the area were blocked off as the bomb squad investigated.