Sacramento County Jail Bomb Scare Ends
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CBS13) – Streets have been reopened and a lockdown at the Sacramento Main Jail lifted after police determined a car that had been parked outside the jail did not contain explosives.
The bomb scare began at around 11 a.m. when a woman parked her car in front of the jail at 651 I Street. She left the car, and when she returned found a suspicious package inside. She then alerted jail officials.
The jail was put on lockdown and streets in the area were blocked off as the bomb squad investigated.