Sacramento County Jail Bomb Scare Ends
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CBS13) – Streets have been reopened and a lockdown at the Sacramento Main Jail lifted after police determined a car that had been parked outside the jail did not contain explosives.
The bomb scare began at around 11 a.m. when a woman parked her car in front of the jail at 651 I Street. She left the car, and when she returned found a suspicious package inside. She then alerted jail officials.
The jail was put on lockdown and streets in the area were blocked off as the bomb squad investigated.