Sacramento County Jail Bomb Scare Ends
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CBS13) – Streets have been reopened and a lockdown at the Sacramento Main Jail lifted after police determined a car that had been parked outside the jail did not contain explosives.
The bomb scare began at around 11 a.m. when a woman parked her car in front of the jail at 651 I Street. She left the car, and when she returned found a suspicious package inside. She then alerted jail officials.
The jail was put on lockdown and streets in the area were blocked off as the bomb squad investigated.