Sacramento County Jail Bomb Scare Ends
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (CBS13) – Streets have been reopened and a lockdown at the Sacramento Main Jail lifted after police determined a car that had been parked outside the jail did not contain explosives.
The bomb scare began at around 11 a.m. when a woman parked her car in front of the jail at 651 I Street. She left the car, and when she returned found a suspicious package inside. She then alerted jail officials.
The jail was put on lockdown and streets in the area were blocked off as the bomb squad investigated.