Pregnant NorCal Woman Killed In Dog Mauling At Her Home
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
PACIFICA (CBS SF) –- A pregnant Pacifica woman died following a mauling by her dog at her home Thursday, police said.
Pacifica police officers found an unresponsive 32-year-old Darla Napora lying in the front room not breathing when they responded to a home in the 500 block of Reina Del Mar Avenue shortly after 12:15 p.m.
The victim’s husband had come home from work and found their 2-year-old male pit bull hovering over his wife’s body.
Officers began performing CPR before Pacifica Fire Department and San Mateo County paramedics arrived and pronounced her dead at the scene.
As the woman was being treated, the pit bull escaped from the backyard and approached the first responders, police said. Officers shot and killed the dog.
There was a second dog in the backyard, and it and the deceased dog were taken to the Peninsula Humane Society for examination.
An autopsy for the woman and a necropsy for the dog are scheduled for Friday.