Dangling Metal Beam Forces Closure Of Highway 99
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) - A 12-foot beam that dangled from under a Highway 99 overpass Monday clogged traffic for hours.
The steel bridge support was ripped off the bottom of the bridge by a passing big rig. Caltrans had to use a blowtorch to cut off the steel beam on the 77-year-old McConnel railroad bridge.
At 14’5”, it’s one of the lowest in the Sacramento area, according to Caltrans.
One of two southbound lanes was closed for more than two hours. Traffic backed was up for about a mile.
A witness says the truck was out of Modesto and was carrying car parts.