Dangling Metal Beam Forces Closure Of Highway 99
Don't Miss This
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
- Video: Man Killed In Bank Heist, Shootout Was Suspect In January Robbery At Same Bank, Say Detectives
- Portia De Rossi Reportedly Filmed Drunken Fights With Ellen
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) - A 12-foot beam that dangled from under a Highway 99 overpass Monday clogged traffic for hours.
The steel bridge support was ripped off the bottom of the bridge by a passing big rig. Caltrans had to use a blowtorch to cut off the steel beam on the 77-year-old McConnel railroad bridge.
At 14’5”, it’s one of the lowest in the Sacramento area, according to Caltrans.
One of two southbound lanes was closed for more than two hours. Traffic backed was up for about a mile.
A witness says the truck was out of Modesto and was carrying car parts.