Dangling Metal Beam Forces Closure Of Highway 99
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) - A 12-foot beam that dangled from under a Highway 99 overpass Monday clogged traffic for hours.
The steel bridge support was ripped off the bottom of the bridge by a passing big rig. Caltrans had to use a blowtorch to cut off the steel beam on the 77-year-old McConnel railroad bridge.
At 14’5”, it’s one of the lowest in the Sacramento area, according to Caltrans.
One of two southbound lanes was closed for more than two hours. Traffic backed was up for about a mile.
A witness says the truck was out of Modesto and was carrying car parts.