Big Rig Crash Closes Highway 99 In Ceres
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
CERES (CBS 13) - A big rig accident at southbound Highway 99 and Hatch Road closed lanes in both directions of the highway near Ceres Tuesday afternoon, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The big rig was hauling vehicles and and crashed after a tire blew, according to the CHP, sending two of the cars flying off the rig. There were least three other cars involved. One witness reported a vehicle on fire flew over him, according to the CHP incident website, which reported the accident occurred at 3:14 p.m.
The CHP closed all lanes in both directions for about an hour. Traffic was backed up to just north of Highway 219, according to the CHP. As of 7:26 p.m., the No. 1 lane in both directions was expected to be closed two more hours for a Caltrans expectation.