Body Found In Search For Missing Fisherman
Don't Miss This
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Emergency crews may have located the body of a missing fisherman in the American River on Friday afternoon, according to the Sacramento Metro Fire Department.
Sacramento County park rangers found the truck belonging to Ron Peters at Riverbend Park on Thursday evening after his family reported him missing earlier in the day.
Peters went fishing Wednesday and hadn’t been seen since.
Crews had to call off the search Thursday night but resumed the search Friday, locating the missing man’s fishing equipment on a small island.
The body, which has not been identified, was found near the Harrington River Access.
Peters’ brother-in-law, who is helping in the search, said Peters is an avid fisherman and an excellent swimmer. He said Peters and his wife were scheduled to go on a vacation Thursday.