Body Found In Search For Missing Fisherman
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Emergency crews may have located the body of a missing fisherman in the American River on Friday afternoon, according to the Sacramento Metro Fire Department.
Sacramento County park rangers found the truck belonging to Ron Peters at Riverbend Park on Thursday evening after his family reported him missing earlier in the day.
Peters went fishing Wednesday and hadn’t been seen since.
Crews had to call off the search Thursday night but resumed the search Friday, locating the missing man’s fishing equipment on a small island.
The body, which has not been identified, was found near the Harrington River Access.
Peters’ brother-in-law, who is helping in the search, said Peters is an avid fisherman and an excellent swimmer. He said Peters and his wife were scheduled to go on a vacation Thursday.