Body Found In Search For Missing Fisherman
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Emergency crews may have located the body of a missing fisherman in the American River on Friday afternoon, according to the Sacramento Metro Fire Department.
Sacramento County park rangers found the truck belonging to Ron Peters at Riverbend Park on Thursday evening after his family reported him missing earlier in the day.
Peters went fishing Wednesday and hadn’t been seen since.
Crews had to call off the search Thursday night but resumed the search Friday, locating the missing man’s fishing equipment on a small island.
The body, which has not been identified, was found near the Harrington River Access.
Peters’ brother-in-law, who is helping in the search, said Peters is an avid fisherman and an excellent swimmer. He said Peters and his wife were scheduled to go on a vacation Thursday.