Body Found In Search For Missing Fisherman
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Emergency crews may have located the body of a missing fisherman in the American River on Friday afternoon, according to the Sacramento Metro Fire Department.
Sacramento County park rangers found the truck belonging to Ron Peters at Riverbend Park on Thursday evening after his family reported him missing earlier in the day.
Peters went fishing Wednesday and hadn’t been seen since.
Crews had to call off the search Thursday night but resumed the search Friday, locating the missing man’s fishing equipment on a small island.
The body, which has not been identified, was found near the Harrington River Access.
Peters’ brother-in-law, who is helping in the search, said Peters is an avid fisherman and an excellent swimmer. He said Peters and his wife were scheduled to go on a vacation Thursday.