Roseville Man Suspected Of Abusing Toddler
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — A Roseville live-in babysitter is suspected of scalding a toddler with hot water while the babysitter was drunk, according to police.
Roseville Fire Department paramedics and police officers went to a home near South Cirby Way and Wildwood Way at about 4 p.m. Wednesday on a medical emergency.
There they discovered the child, believed to be 3 years old, had suspicious injuries on his back. He was stabilized at a local hospital and then transferred to a pediatric hospital in Sacramento, according to police.
Investigators believe that the injuries occurred while both parents were at work and the child was in the care of Samuel Charles Flores, 23. Investigators believe that Flores, while intoxicated, scalded the child with hot water as a form of discipline for misbehavior.
Flores was arrested on suspicion of child abuse and willfully causing traumatic injury to a child. He’s being held in the Placer County Jail on $50,000 bail.