Roseville Man Suspected Of Abusing Toddler
Don't Miss This
- Jury Convicts Man Of Killing Ex-Girlfriend In Winters
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Publicly Acknowledges He’s Gay
- Terminally Ill Woman May Postpone Taking Her Life
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) — A Roseville live-in babysitter is suspected of scalding a toddler with hot water while the babysitter was drunk, according to police.
Roseville Fire Department paramedics and police officers went to a home near South Cirby Way and Wildwood Way at about 4 p.m. Wednesday on a medical emergency.
There they discovered the child, believed to be 3 years old, had suspicious injuries on his back. He was stabilized at a local hospital and then transferred to a pediatric hospital in Sacramento, according to police.
Investigators believe that the injuries occurred while both parents were at work and the child was in the care of Samuel Charles Flores, 23. Investigators believe that Flores, while intoxicated, scalded the child with hot water as a form of discipline for misbehavior.
Flores was arrested on suspicion of child abuse and willfully causing traumatic injury to a child. He’s being held in the Placer County Jail on $50,000 bail.