Man Found Dead After Contra Costa County Standoff
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
EL SOBRANTE, Calif. (AP) — A standoff between a man with a gun and deputies came to an end early Sunday morning when police entered an El Sobrante apartment and found the man dead.
Contra Costa sheriff’s spokesman Jimmy Lee says the trouble began around 7 p.m. Saturday when deputies were called to the apartment over a domestic disturbance.
Lee says when deputies arrived they made contact with a 43-year-old man armed with a handgun.
The man’s wife and three children were inside the apartment. Lee says the man let the four leave the apartment about 30 minutes after deputies arrived. The woman and the three children were not hurt.
Negotiators were called in to try to convince the man to surrender. But when SWAT members entered the apartment around 3:15 a.m. Sunday they found the man dead.
The name of the man, or the exact cause of his death, has not been released.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)