Update: Three Arrested After High-Speed Chase Through Elk Grove
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
ELK GROVE (CBS13) – Three men suspected of snatching a gold chain from a victim’s neck are behind bars after leading police on a high-speed chase through Elk Grove on Monday night.
Police say the victim had just pulled into his driveway when he was confronted by two Asian men. One man was armed with a gun and ripped the gold chain from around the victim’s neck. The suspects then got into a waiting car driven by a third suspect.
The victim called 911 and was able to follow the suspect vehicle and give a description to officers.
When officers located the suspect vehicle, the driver took off, leading police on a seven-mile, high-speed chase through the city.
Once the suspects got to Highway 99 and Calvine Road, officers used a special maneuver to cause the suspect vehicle to spin out and end the chase.
The driver of the car, 23-year-old Sarom Kuy, was arrested immediately. The two passengers ran away on foot, but with the assistance of a CHP helicopter and a K-9 officer, they were quickly located.
Officers arrested 27-year-old Nary Chap and 22-year-old Kally Samm.
The stolen necklace was recovered, but officers did not find the gun.
The suspects were booked into the Sacramento County Main Jail on robbery and conspiracy charges.