Modesto Boy Blamed For Family House Fire
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO, Calif. (AP) — An 11-year-boy Modesto boy in some pretty serious trouble with his family for a fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to the family home.
Fire officials told The Modesto Bee that the boy was playing with a lighter in his bedroom around 4:30 p.m. Friday when his bed sheets caught on fire.
Battalion Chief Terry Inderbitzen says the flames spread quickly, causing an estimated $60,000 to $70,000 worth of damage to the home.
Inderbitzen says the mother of the boy who set the fire will be offered counseling for the child.
The Red Cross was expected to arrange temporary housing for the three adults and two children who lived in the home.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)