Modesto Boy Blamed For Family House Fire
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
MODESTO, Calif. (AP) — An 11-year-boy Modesto boy in some pretty serious trouble with his family for a fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to the family home.
Fire officials told The Modesto Bee that the boy was playing with a lighter in his bedroom around 4:30 p.m. Friday when his bed sheets caught on fire.
Battalion Chief Terry Inderbitzen says the flames spread quickly, causing an estimated $60,000 to $70,000 worth of damage to the home.
Inderbitzen says the mother of the boy who set the fire will be offered counseling for the child.
The Red Cross was expected to arrange temporary housing for the three adults and two children who lived in the home.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)