Modesto Boy Blamed For Family House Fire
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO, Calif. (AP) — An 11-year-boy Modesto boy in some pretty serious trouble with his family for a fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to the family home.
Fire officials told The Modesto Bee that the boy was playing with a lighter in his bedroom around 4:30 p.m. Friday when his bed sheets caught on fire.
Battalion Chief Terry Inderbitzen says the flames spread quickly, causing an estimated $60,000 to $70,000 worth of damage to the home.
Inderbitzen says the mother of the boy who set the fire will be offered counseling for the child.
The Red Cross was expected to arrange temporary housing for the three adults and two children who lived in the home.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)