Retired Doctors Tied Up, Robbed In Yuba City Home
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
YUBA CITY (CBS13) — A married couple, both retired doctors, were tied up in their upscale Yuba City home while two men robbed them of their valuables and a 2011 Lexus, according to the Sutter County Sheriff’s Department.
The suspects pretended to be pizza delivery guys when they forced their way into the home on the 1500 block of Richland Road on Tuesday at about 8:50 p.m. and then demanded cash and gold, the victims told CBS13’s Ron Jones.
The male victim said he answered the door and no one was there, but then the armed suspects rushed around the corner. They were carrying a pizza box but were also wearing masks, he said.
They went through the house room by room and spent more than an hour inside, according to the female victim.
She said they also threatened to cut her finger off if she didn’t surrender a gold ring. The men also threatened to kill both victims, they told CBS13. They armed with a gun and a knife.
The Lexus was found abandoned on Wednesday a few miles away, but the suspects were still at large.
Anyone with information on the robbery is asked to call the Sutter County Sheriff’s Department.