Two Die In Tahoe City Fire

TAHOE CITY (CBS13) — An early morning fire claimed the lives of two Tahoe City residents and their dog, according to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.

The victims were identified as Peter Maktenieks, 50, and Amy Pass, 39. The house is located at 1761 Spruce Ave. near the Fire Sign Cafe in the Sunnyvale area.

The cause of the fire, which was reported at about 1:30 a.m., appears to be accidental, according to Captain Jeff Ausnow with the sheriff’s office North Tahoe Station. He said the cause of death appears to be smoke inhalation but autopsies will be needed to confirm that.

Neighbors called in the fire and then watched from the street as firefighters battled the blaze throughout the night.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Tim Hill says:

    Sunnyside area, not Sunnyvale

  2. Todd says:

    We love you PTW

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Sacramento

Get Our App
Get The CBS Sacramento Weather AppGet the latest radar, CBS13 AppCasts and hour-by-hour forecasts. You can also send your weather pics.

Listen Live