Vallejo Man Gets Stuck In Child Swing, Has To Be Cut Out
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO (CBS13) — A bet among “friends” wound up with a 21-year-old man stuck in a baby swing for more than nine hours until firefighters had to cut him loose.
“He was in a lot of pain,” Vallejo Fire Deptartment Battalion Chief Katherine Harpold said. “When they arrived on scene his limbs had swollen to the point they were somewhat wrapping around the seat.”
“They couldn’t get him out,” she added. “They were unable to extricate him from the baby swing.”
The incident started Friday night at Blue Rock Springs Park. The man’s name wasn’t released.
Even a 4-year-old knows there are different types of swings for different people.
“And can you go on this one?” CBS13′s Steve Large asked a young girl at the park where the man got stuck. “No. That’s for babies,” she said.
But the 21-year-old man decided to try anyway.
He won 100 bucks, but lost his pride covered in Tide.
He doused the laundry detergent on himself to slip into the swing. Only once in, he couldn’t get out. And his so-called friends left him.
He ended up stuck over night for nine hours until a groundskeeper found him the next morning and called 911.
The crew was concerned he might possibly lose his leg. Firefighters cut the chains from the swings, he took an ambulance ride to the hospital with his legs still lodged in the swing and hospital workers used a cast saw to get it off.
Asked if he was grateful, Halverson said, “He said thank you.”
The two things seem innocent enough, a baby swing and laundry detergent. Sprinkle in some stupidity and you get quite a mess.