Thousands Lose Power In El Dorado, Placer Counties
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) — Thousands of residents in both El Dorado County and Placer County lost power Friday night after transmission lines took damage, according to PG&E.
At least 16,000 people were without electricity when the outage was first reported at about 8:00 p.m., but within a few hours, that number had dropped to 12,000, mainly affecting residents north of Auburn, around Foresthill and Georgetown.
PG&E officials say they hope to restore power to most customers throughout the night but do not have a solid estimate on when all residents will have the lights back on.