Thousands Lose Power In El Dorado, Placer Counties
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) — Thousands of residents in both El Dorado County and Placer County lost power Friday night after transmission lines took damage, according to PG&E.
At least 16,000 people were without electricity when the outage was first reported at about 8:00 p.m., but within a few hours, that number had dropped to 12,000, mainly affecting residents north of Auburn, around Foresthill and Georgetown.
PG&E officials say they hope to restore power to most customers throughout the night but do not have a solid estimate on when all residents will have the lights back on.