Thousands Lose Power In El Dorado, Placer Counties
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
EL DORADO COUNTY (CBS13) — Thousands of residents in both El Dorado County and Placer County lost power Friday night after transmission lines took damage, according to PG&E.
At least 16,000 people were without electricity when the outage was first reported at about 8:00 p.m., but within a few hours, that number had dropped to 12,000, mainly affecting residents north of Auburn, around Foresthill and Georgetown.
PG&E officials say they hope to restore power to most customers throughout the night but do not have a solid estimate on when all residents will have the lights back on.