Teen Dies After South Sac Drive-By Shooting
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A teen male died Wednesday afternoon after being wounded in a South Sacramento drive-by shooting, authorities said.
The Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department said deputies received reports of a shooting between two vehicles on the 5700 block of Nina Way just after 1:00 p.m. Wednesday, but no evidence of gunfire was found.
More than an hour later, a 17-year-old male arrived at the UC Davis Medical Center with a gunshot wound to his upper torso. Despite being rushed into surgery, the teen victim died from his injuries just before 5:00 p.m.
Information from witnesses suggested that the teen had been shot near Nina Way and Southwest Avenue, and homicide detectives began investigating the area Wednesday afternoon.
Several associates of the victim have been detained for questioning, but no arrests have been made and a motive has not been determined.
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to contact Crime Alert by calling (916) 443-HELP or texting 274637 with “SACTIP” at the beginning of the message.
The identity of the victim has not been released.