Marysville Girl, 9, Dies After Being Hit On Way To School
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
MARYSVILLE (CBS13) — A 9-year-old girl was walking her bike across the street on the way to school Thursday morning when she was struck by a vehicle, and the girl was later pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.
The girl, whose name wasn’t released, was walking her bike across E. 17th Street at Huston Street about 7:44 a.m. She apparently dropped her bike and as she was picking it up, she was struck by an Isuzu Tropper driven by Cassandra Federspiel of Marysville, according to police.
Federspiel was turning onto E. 17th and apparently didn’t see the child, who was on her way to Kynoch Elementary School about three blocks away.
Police said there is no indication of drugs or alcohol being a factor in the accident. The investigation is ongoing and will take a considerable amount of time to complete.
The Marysville Police Department asks anyone who witnessed the collision to call the department at (530) 749-3900.