Marysville Girl, 9, Dies After Being Hit On Way To School
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MARYSVILLE (CBS13) — A 9-year-old girl was walking her bike across the street on the way to school Thursday morning when she was struck by a vehicle, and the girl was later pronounced dead at the hospital, police said.
The girl, whose name wasn’t released, was walking her bike across E. 17th Street at Huston Street about 7:44 a.m. She apparently dropped her bike and as she was picking it up, she was struck by an Isuzu Tropper driven by Cassandra Federspiel of Marysville, according to police.
Federspiel was turning onto E. 17th and apparently didn’t see the child, who was on her way to Kynoch Elementary School about three blocks away.
Police said there is no indication of drugs or alcohol being a factor in the accident. The investigation is ongoing and will take a considerable amount of time to complete.
The Marysville Police Department asks anyone who witnessed the collision to call the department at (530) 749-3900.