Woodland Teen Arrested After Driving By Crime Scene
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) — A suspect in a shooting in Woodland drove past the scene while detectives and officers were still investigating on Friday afternoon and he was arrested, police said.
Police were at a residence in the 900 block of Lincoln Avenue at about 12:30 p.m. responding to a report of several gun shots fired at the home when they learned that the suspect vehicle was a white mini-van.
While they were still at the residence, detectives noticed a vehicle matching the description. They stopped it and arrested Julio Cesar Chavez, 18, of Woodland.
Chavez was taken to the Monroe Detention Center where he was booked on charges of attempted homicide and discharge of a firearm into an inhabited dwelling. No one inside the home was injured.
Police are still investigating the shooting and don’t have a motive. They ask that anyone with information call (530) 666-2411 or (530) 661-7800. Callers can remain anonymous.