Woodland Teen Arrested After Driving By Crime Scene
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
WOODLAND (CBS13) — A suspect in a shooting in Woodland drove past the scene while detectives and officers were still investigating on Friday afternoon and he was arrested, police said.
Police were at a residence in the 900 block of Lincoln Avenue at about 12:30 p.m. responding to a report of several gun shots fired at the home when they learned that the suspect vehicle was a white mini-van.
While they were still at the residence, detectives noticed a vehicle matching the description. They stopped it and arrested Julio Cesar Chavez, 18, of Woodland.
Chavez was taken to the Monroe Detention Center where he was booked on charges of attempted homicide and discharge of a firearm into an inhabited dwelling. No one inside the home was injured.
Police are still investigating the shooting and don’t have a motive. They ask that anyone with information call (530) 666-2411 or (530) 661-7800. Callers can remain anonymous.