Woodland Teen Arrested After Driving By Crime Scene
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WOODLAND (CBS13) — A suspect in a shooting in Woodland drove past the scene while detectives and officers were still investigating on Friday afternoon and he was arrested, police said.
Police were at a residence in the 900 block of Lincoln Avenue at about 12:30 p.m. responding to a report of several gun shots fired at the home when they learned that the suspect vehicle was a white mini-van.
While they were still at the residence, detectives noticed a vehicle matching the description. They stopped it and arrested Julio Cesar Chavez, 18, of Woodland.
Chavez was taken to the Monroe Detention Center where he was booked on charges of attempted homicide and discharge of a firearm into an inhabited dwelling. No one inside the home was injured.
Police are still investigating the shooting and don’t have a motive. They ask that anyone with information call (530) 666-2411 or (530) 661-7800. Callers can remain anonymous.